PLATELET-RICH FIBRIN & GUIDED BONE REGENERATION FOR EVERYDAY DENTISTRY
On Jan 11th & 12th 2019, in Vancouver, Canada
Course Fee $1599 C
Early Bird registrations gets 10% Discounts ( before 15th of Dec 2018)
The objective of this course is to understand how the growth factors are produced and activated to improve bio compatibility in procedures like GBR (Guided Bone Regeneration), soft tissue management and socket preservation. There is scientific evidence to demonstrate that the growth factors are released by platelets and white cells. Tooth extraction techniques have been undergoing modification for the longest time. Several surgical techniques have been proposed by clinicians to preserve the socket during extraction. this course is designed to give you an overview of some of the most common and predictable techniques available for general and implant dentists.
WHAT DOES PRF DO?
- PRF is a provisional 3-dimensional matrix made of fibrin that accelerates wound healing.
- It contains a number of growth factors found in human blood centrifuged to reach supra-physiological doses that assist in tissue regeneration.
- In many clinical indications, it may be utilized by itself or added to bio material volume to replace the high costs associated with bone grafts, connective tissue grafts, and/or barrier membranes.
- It improves the handling characteristics of the bio material.
- Patients report less morbidity, swelling and use of analgesics following most regenerative procedures with PRF.
- It significantly decreases the rate of infection up to 10 fold, especially following molar extractions, post extraction sockets, and prior/during implant placement. o Improved patient satisfaction.
- Biologic principles of Guided Bone Regeneration.
- Overview of bio materials utilized in GBR. > Ridge augmentation using different bio materials.
- Role of Growth Factors including BMP, PRF, L-PRF, and A-PRF.
- GBR techniques in clinical practice including Tenting, ridge splits, block grafts, interpositional grafts and case discussions.
- Discuss Atraumatic Extractions rationale and techniques for minimally invasive tooth extraction.
- Instrumentation for socket grafting and Extractions.
- Managing complex extractions and infections in socket grafting sites.
- Discuss grafting materials, membranes and socket plugs.
- Steps to achieve proper closure after socket grafting.
- When, and when not, to use socket grafting.
- Discuss – Step by step surgical protocols.
- Biology of wound healing and importance of vascularization.
- Rationale and biologic basis for PRF and low speed centrifugation.
- Current concepts and future with PRF.
- Differences & Clinical applications of PRF, i-PRF, L- PRF and A-PRF.
- Socket grafting, soft tissue grafting, treating intra bony defects, gingival recession treatment and sinus augmentation with PRF.
- Venipuncture – techniques and innovations.
- Hands on venipuncture and bone grafting with PRF, PRF, iPRF, and A-PRF.
- Hands On “Steaky Bone ” fabrication using Liquid PRF and Injectable PRF.
- Hands on GBR on pig jaws. HANDS ON
- Manipulation of surgical flaps; obtaining of tension free closure
- Elongating flaps for primary closure.
- Tacking membranes using screws for ridge augmentation and
- 3 step suturing techniques.
Pacific Oral Health Institute
#300-15850 24th Ave, Surrey BC, CANADA – V3Z 0G1
Location is just 10 minutes drive from the USA- Canada Border
30 Minutes Drive from the Vancouver Airport.
Dates: 11th Fri & 12th Sat, Jan 2019
Timing: 8am – 5pm
Please send an email at
Or you can also contact Dr Aman Kataria directly at 778 242 1657
Light Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.