The New York Implant Institute's revised programme for 2014 is now able to establish eligibility, to become a Fellow of The International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Fellowship program evaluates and test your knowledge of implant dentistry by experts in the field. You will be recognized by your peers, local leaders AND become global ambassadors. Being a Fellow is a lifelong commitment to learning and clinical excellence.
The International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) was founded in 1972. Devoted to providing implant education to the entire dental team to better serve its patients, the ICOI is not only the world’s largest dental implant organization, but it is also the world’s largest provider of continuing dental implant education.
The ICOI is an Affiliate of the FDI World Dental Federation. For more details please visit icoi.org.
Pre-requisite: Active ICOI Membership.
Who can apply: All members who place implants, restore implants and\or fabricate implant prostheses.
Applications: ICOI Fellowship Application.
1. Provide a listing of twenty (20) completed implant cases* all of which must be at least 12 months old. Fully document five (5) of these cases on ICOI’s Case Documentation Form for Fellowship Candidates and submit with the application. (See form for instructions).
*Candidates who restore and place implants:
Please provide a listing of ten (10) successfully completed implant cases (surgery and restoration) all of which must be at least 12 months old.
Practitioner candidates: copies of pre-operative and post-operative x-rays are the minimum requirement for case documentation.
2. Provide documentation of completion of seventy-five (75) hours or more of implant education (either attending in person or completing courses on-line) in the preceding five (5) years.
3. Provide a letter of recommendation from a current ICOI Fellow, IPS Master, ICOI Diplomate or member of ICOI's Advanced Credentials Committee.
4. Submit a current Curriculum Vitae.
Fellowship Maintenance Requirements:
1. All ICOI Fellows must maintain their membership in good standing and must attend at least one ICOI/IPS sponsored or co-sponsored meeting every three (3) years.
2. All ICOI Fellows must also accumulate seventy-five (75) hours or more of "implant education" within five (5) years after becoming an ICOI Fellow. These hours may be fulfilled through:
◦Attendance at implant symposia or completion of on-line courses.
◦Implant lectures, seminars or table clinics. Each lecture, seminar or table clinic given at ICOI or IPS sponsored or co-sponsored symposia will be credited on a 4:1 ratio (i.e. a two hour lecture will generate 8 hours of CE). A 2:1 ratio will be used for all non-ICOI programs.
◦Published implant articles in recognized journals. Each article and/or case report published in an ICOI publication, Implant Dentistry and/or the International Magazine of Oral Implantology, will be credited 20 hours of CE. Each implant published article in a recognized journal will be credited 10 hours of CE.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT US 201-381-7990